If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.
If you would like to report any Safeguarding concerns or incidents about a child or vulnerable adult, please contact
- St Helen's Church Safeguarding Officer: Mr Emmanuel Chukwuma by email or phone 07586802485
- St Michael's Church Safeguarding Officer: Revd Paul Smith by email or phone 01235 534654
- St Nicolas' Church Safeguarding Officer: Jenny Fishpool by email or phone 01235 529462
- The Parish of Abingdon-on-Thames Safeguarding Officer: Mrs Ann Moss (St Helen's Church)
- The Area Safeguarding Officer: Erica Hegg by email or phone 07341 866832
If it is urgent and you have no response from the numbers or emails above, please contact the Diocese Safeguarding team on 01865 208295, or the designated helplines: NSPCC - 0808 800 5000, Age UK Advice Line - 0800 678 1602
For urgent safeguarding enquiries outside office hours please contact the charity Thirtyone:eight on 0303 003 1111 for confidential advice, guidance and support.
Click this link to see the Parish Safeguarding Policy.
Further information is available on the Diocesan Safeguarding website.
Access to online safeguarding training is available on the Church of England Safeguarding Portal.
Data Protection and Electoral Roll
Your privacy is important to us, and we want to communicate with current and former church members and those in regular contact with us in a way which has their consent, and which is in line with UK law on data protection.
If you would like to join onto our Electoral Roll please complete both the Electoral Roll Form and the GDPR Consent Form. (You do not need to complete the GDPR Form, but if you do not we will not be able to email you with information about our activities).
If you would rather not go on the Parish Electoral Roll, but would like to stay in touch with church through the occasional email / letter please complete the GDPR Consent Form.
Forms may be returned via email (contact firstname.lastname@example.org) or via a Churchwarden.